Monday, May 30, 2011

Making an Impact

Well, after a super long weekend (which I shouldn't even be complaining about because I didn't run), and it seemed an even longer day today which I know wasn't my best day, and I'm sure most of you share my sentiment, I came home to an email from another runner who is a complete stranger to us who said that he saw our signs and verses that we left up in the forest and that he was so thankful for what they said. He mentioned that despite the fog and darkness of his last few laps, our signs meant a lot to him and he couldn't have finished the race without God's help. I emailed him back and gave him a little more background of why we ran, but that email really just made my day to know that other people noticed and we were able to be a spiritual impact on someone even when we weren't even there! That just confirmed everything we did this year and reminded me why we were there. Thanks to Norm who made those signs and came up with the idea.

I hope everyone is feeling a bit better. It was an amazing weekend and year and I am proud to be a part of the team. God is sooooo good! You all mean a lot to me and thank you for pushing me and changing my life this year.

Hannah :)